Digital Organizer Dashboard – Bayview Community Elementary School
THIS DASHBOARD WILL MAKE RUNNING YOUR “READ-A-THON” EVENT REALLY EASY!
• Your Read-A-Thon Fundraising Event Logo
• Your Master Fundraising Campaign Link
• Your Read-A-Thon Kick-Off Video Link
• Your Read-A-Thon Timeline
• Great News!
• Your Social Media Toolkit
• Mind Growth Education Reading Log Login Information
• Ways To Do One Reading Session A Day!
• FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
Isabelle – Your Mind Growth Education Representative
YOUR “READ-A-THON” CAMPAIGN LOGO
YOUR MASTER FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN LINK
Here is the link to your school’s master campaign page:
You could start sharing the link on your social media outlets, via email campaigns or even by text – Just make sure it is visible to everyone for the best result! Research shows you can make up to 80% more money when people can contribute online!
How do I find a division’s campaign link? Click on your school’s master campaign page and at the bottom of the page, click on the division! You can share the link(s) by clicking anywhere on the following bar on the campaign page!
I will be updating the “followers/subscribers” on your master campaign page a few times a week with a total count, also sending encouraging messages and assigning weekend homework ;).
YOUR “READ-A-THON” KICK-OFF VIDEO LINK
YOUR “READ-A-THON” TIMELINE
Bayview Community Elementary School’s 2nd Annual Read-A-Thon Fundraiser:
Friday, April 1st, 2022 to Thursday, April 14th, 2022
- Two weeks of “Fundraising” starting Friday, April 1st, 2022 to Thursday, April 14th, 2022: Your school’s families start advertising/promoting their division(s) link as much as possible on their social media outlets, by email or even by text.
- Simultaneously, two weeks of the “Read-A-Thon” starting Friday, April 1st, 2022 to Thursday, April 14th, 2022: Classes begin reading and logging in their minutes in their Mind Growth Education’s reading log program account. The challenge is: CAN THE STUDENTS OF BAYVIEW COMMUNITY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL READ ACROSS THE WORLD IN TWO WEEKS?
- The last day of the “Read-A-Thon” is Thursday, April 14th, 2022: The handing out of the prizes (if there are any), certificate of achievements will be up to the appointed organizer to organize on their own terms.
A LIST OF WAYS TO MAKE YOUR “READ-A-THON” THE BEST EVER!
Please make sure you read through the following list for ideas on how to make your “Read-A-Thon” the best ever!
COMMUNICATION IS KEY!
• Promote your master campaign page! Share, share, share!
• Consider creating a campaign video! Campaigns with a video raise more money. It’s not hard to see why. Videos are eye-catching, persuasive, and very, very shareable. Record one now to tell your fundraising story. Click here to check out this video to find out how to make your video more effective.
• Partake in the “Two Weeks $500 Challenge”.
Click here to download the challenge!
YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLKIT
Purpose: Your social media toolkit contains information and resources to push out and amplify your campaign on all of your social media platforms. This method can be an incredibly powerful way to expand your reach. Please note: These are just suggestions but could help your posts be compelling and engaging!
Promo Poster:*Click on image to download or here.
**Click here to download a poster and stick on the walls of your school.
***Click here to download a poster to print, cut in two and send home with each student (if you wish).
Suggested Social Media Post, Email or even Newsletter Wording:
Dear friends and family,
Bayview Community Elementary School is hosting a Read-A-Thon fundraiser in partnership with Mind Growth Education to raise money to help with playground fundraising and finishing. Participants will need to raise funds for two weeks while simultaneously read books to try to gain enough reading minutes to virtually travel across the World! This “Read-A-Thon” Fundraising Event starts on Friday, April 1st, 2022 to Thursday, April 14th, 2022. 85% of the profits will go to our school, courtesy of Mind Growth Education. In addition to raising funds for our school, the non-profit organization, One Tree Planted will plant a tree for every 25% of the reading challenge a class completes along our “Read Across the World” reading adventure route. There’s no extra work or cost for the student/families/school — Just make sure the participants keep reading!
Mind Growth Education is a company that has a big passion for improving literacy in Canada. We are excited to work with them to help raise money for our school and to show children the importance of reading and global reforestation!
Can you help us reach our goal of $7,000 by contributing to our event and then sharing the link on your social media today? Click on the following link https://fundrazr.com/bayviewreadathon2022 to do so!
Thank you for your support!
(Enter name here)
Sample of Other Social Media Post Wording (For Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.):
• We are asking friends and family to help our school, Bayview Community Elementary School, complete Mind Growth Education’s “Read Across the World” Challenge in two weeks. Please sponsor us by contributing to our “Read-A-Thon” Fundraising Event. #bayviewreadathon2022
• Help us “read across the world”! Please contribute today! #bayviewreadathon2022
• Last day of #bayviewreadathon2022! Help us reach our fundraising goal before midnight!
Read-A-Thon Business Sponsorship Letter:
Save the Date/Countdown Images:
Click on the images to download!
MIND GROWTH EDUCATION READING LOG PROGRAM
I have also created an account for both the Admin. staff and your PAC members, if they choose to log in minutes as well (sometimes, the WHOLE school loves to join in)!
|Admin. Staff Account
|Ms. Benedicte Bossut
|Mr. Ian Tosczak
Ms. Ebru Montagano
Mr. Sam Asmoucha
Ms. Gina Gustafson
Ms. Laurie Linton
Ms. Binika Roopra/Ms. Cheryl Cameron
Ms. Teri Taylor
Ms. Susan Jung
Ms. Sue Kochan/Mrs. Brandi Goodearle
Ms. Christina Lao
Please note: Each class will not be able to view where the other classes are on their reading adventure route. Only you, the appointed organizer has this option from the master account.
FOR THE TEACHERS
Click here to download a PDF “Teacher Info. Sheet for Bayview Community Elementary School Read-A-Thon” document specific to the teachers if they are wondering how it all works (a little refresher for those that did it last year)!
READING LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY
We have separated the school into three levels of difficulty (to even out the competition):
Grade K-1 = Beginner (for every minute read, 12 kilometres will be traveled)
Grade 2-3, Admin, Council = Standard (for every minute read, 8 kilometres will be traveled)
Grade 4-5 = Advanced (for every minute read, 4 kilometres will be traveled)
HOW DOES IT WORK FOR THE TEACHERS? (Once they get their login info)
Step #1: Go to the following link: https://mindgrowth.arraydev.net/
Step #2: Click on the “Sign In” button and enter your login information.
Step #3: Click on the “About Me” button, scroll down and select your character (you will only need to do this once).
Step #4: Click on the “Log Minutes” button and enter the minutes you have read for today’s reading session! Repeat Step #1, #2 and #4 after every reading session!
WAYS TO DO ONE READING SESSION A DAY!
Here’s a list of ways to do one reading session a day!
- Host DEAR – ‘Drop Everything And Read’ sessions. On an agreed certain time of the day (i.e. first thing in the morning or after lunch), every class drops everything and reads. Great way to get the whole school reading together!
- Have a close friend, family member or even an author read a book on video conference with a class (ie. Zoom).
- Read it before you see it! Read a particular book within the two weeks and when the “Read-A-Thon” is over, view the film version cinema-style (even make it a pyjama and/or popcorn day).
- Run a book swap within your school!
- Host a “Favourite Book Character Day” and have everyone read the book associated with their costume!
- Read during recess, while waiting for your next class to start or even on the bus!
Mind Growth Education Badge Collection Sheet for English students: Click here to download the “READ ACROSS THE WORLD” badge collection sheet!
Mind Growth Education Badge Collection Sheet for those wanting to do it in French: Click here to download the “LIRE À TRAVERS LE MONDE” badge collection sheet!
FAQs (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
We’ve tried to answer many common questions below, but if you need additional help, please get in touch with your Mind Growth Education representative, Isabelle, at email@example.com.
Q: Can a Mind Growth Education Representative come to my school to present the Kick-off Assembly?
A: The safety of your school as well as our employees is a top priority for us so we will not be having representatives visiting schools this year. We have designed this entire Read-A-Thon program to enable you to run a virtual Kick-off Assembly without having a representative attend in person. Your Mind Growth Education representative will be available virtually to help you as you prepare for your Read-A-Thon event.
Q: How does your reading log programs work?
A: Teachers record the number of minutes they’ve read at school with their students on a daily basis by signing into their Mind Growth Education account. The program automatically converts their minutes into kilometres and advances their avatar on a virtual adventure across the World through various countries starting in Canada down to the eastern hemisphere and back up again through the Western Hemisphere and end in United States of America. Every time a class arrives at one of the major points on their adventure, a little blurb pops up with educational facts about that country. The classes also get to earn badges and get printable worksheets as they progress on their reading journey. (Please note: For every 20 minutes, you will travel approx. 240 kilometres on the adventure map).
Q: What if a class reads across the World before the event is over?
A: Keep on logging in those minutes! The challenge will then be “How many times could your class read across the World until the end of your event?” – You could say something like “Now that you’ve read across the World once, can you do it twice by the end of the event?”. The record so far is 3 times by a grade 7 class from Nanaimo, BC.
Q: What if a teacher needs help (i.e. cannot remember his/her username and/or password). What to do?
A: They could email me, Isabelle, your Mind Growth Education representative, with their question(s) and I’ll be happy to help.
Q: Can my PAC collect offline funds?
A: Using our online fundraising platform allows you to avoid having to handle and manage cash. However, if the person is not able to give online, many PACs have accepted cash or cheques and then personally contribute the exact amount online afterwards. Contribute here: https://fundrazr.com/bayviewreadathon2022
Q: Do the contributors get tax receipts?
A: Unfortunately, no. Contributions made to a personal fundraiser, rather than a charity fundraiser, are generally considered to be personal gifts and are not guaranteed to be tax-deductible. But, you can always check with a tax professional to be sure. You will not be issued a tax receipt from FundRazr nor Mind Growth Education. That being said, contributors do receive access to our digital coupon sheet with great savings on awesome stuff (kid & adult books, candles, soaps, bath bubbles, digital reading log program, etc.) as a thank you gift for any contribution $10 or more.
Q: How do I view our school’s online fundraising efforts?
A: Go to your Master Campaign page where you will be able to see your school’s online fundraising efforts (https://fundrazr.com/bayviewreadathon2022).
Q: How do I make an online contribution?
A: Step #1: Go to the following link: https://fundrazr.com/bayviewreadathon2022. Step #2: Click on the “CONTRIBUTE” button. Easy as that!
Q: Where do our contributions go?
A: 85% of the net funds raised by this Read-A-Thon Fundraiser will help support Bayview Community Elementary School Literacy and STEM programs, including classroom books and digital assets such as software, tablets and other STEM kits. The remaining 15% goes towards Mind Growth Education to help cover costs such as subscription cost, certificates of achievement, administrative fee + the Paypal or Stripe payment processing fees and transaction costs.
Q: When do we receive the funds?
A: You will receive the funds shortly after your event is over. It takes a few days for Paypal and Stripe to transfer over all of the contributions. Once that is completed, I will send you a cheque and a financial statement with all of the necessary information you would need for the CRA (if ever need be).
* Thank you prizes
Q: What will our school or participants receive from Mind Growth Education for participating in this Read-A-Thon event?
A: Each class will receive a certificate of achievement. You will also receive a certificate stating how many trees your school has collectively planted during your event!
HAPPY FUNDRAISING AND HAPPY READING!Go Back