École Riverdale Elementary School’s Read-A-Thon Fundraiser

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FUN TO DO AS A FAMILY DURING SPRING BREAK? 

École Riverdale Elementary School’s PAC (Surrey, BC) is hosting a “Read-A-Thon” as a fundraiser in partnership with Mind Growth Education. Please consider registering your family today!

Great things happen when you read!

This Read-A-Thon Fundraiser will take families of École Riverdale Elementary School on an incredible journey of discovery across Canada, inspire a love of reading, awaken their imagination, build their confidence and enhance their reading skills. Contributions made by friends and family will motivate the wonderful families of this amazing school to power their way through their virtual adventure and build skills to last a lifetime.

Challenge:

CAN YOUR FAMILY READ ACROSS CANADA IN JUST TWO WEEKS?

Starting on Monday, March 14th, 2022 to Sunday, March 27th, 2022, participating families of École Riverdale Elementary School will start a virtual, Canadian road trip via an innovative program from Mind Growth Education to complete their reading challenge, available in French and English.

Their daily reading sessions will take them on a storybook adventure across this great country, building more reading skills while exposing them to all sorts of fun and educational facts about different towns and cities.

Will you be able to complete the challenge by March 27th, 2022? Register today to find out!

Fun facts!

After completing this Read-A-Thon Fundraiser, participant will have had over 200-1,000 additional minutes of reading and will have planted real trees in Canada in the process!

GREAT NEWS! We’ve partnered with One Tree Planted #onetreeplanted. One Tree Planted will plant a tree for every 25% of the reading challenge a class completes along their “Read Across the World” reading adventure route. There’s no extra work or cost for the student/families — Just make sure you keep reading! #greatthingshappenwhenyouread

How will the funds be used?

85% of the net funds raised by this Read-A-Thon Fundraiser will help support École Riverdale Elementary School with the cost for their new playground. The remaining 15% goes towards Mind Growth Education to help cover costs such as subscription cost, certificates of achievement, administrative fee + the Paypal or Stripe payment processing fees and transaction costs.

Friends and family – Let’s show you are a community that cares about this school!

Thank you for your support by registering your family today!

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


*Participation

Q: Where do I start?

REGISTRATION: Now until Friday, March 11th, 2022
Fill out the form below to register your family. You will receive an email a few days after you register with your Mind Growth Education login information where you will be able to log your minutes during your event and and a link to your personal campaign page!! Please make sure you to check your SPAM/JUNK folder, as our email might go there! If you do not receive an email with your login info, please email Isabelle at fundraising@mindgrowth.arraydev.net.

FUNDRAISING PART: Monday, March 14th, 2022 until Sunday, March 27th, 2022
 Head to your school’s fundraising campaign page: https://fundrazr.com/riverdalereadathon2022 and start raising funds for your new playground!

READING PART: Monday, March 14th, 2022 until Sunday, March 27th, 2022
Sign into your Mind Growth Education account and start logging in your minutes and traveling across Canada!
Sign in at https://mindgrowth.arraydev.net/sign-in/.

Q: How does your reading log programs work?
A: Families record the number of minutes they have read at home on a daily basis for two weeks by signing into their Mind Growth Education account. The program automatically converts their minutes into kilometres and advances their avatar on a virtual adventure across Canada through various towns and cities to form a route that spans from Victoria, BC to through every province in the lower part of Canada, and back again, through the higher part of Canada, which ends in Whitehorse, Yukon. Every time your family arrives at one of the major points on their adventure, a little blurb pops up with educational facts about that city or town. The families also get to earn badges and get printable worksheets as they progress on their reading journey. (Please note: For every 20 minutes, you will travel approx. 240 kilometres on the adventure map).

Q: Can my French Immersion child(ren) do the reading log program in French? 
Yes, our reading log program are available in both French and English at any point within the platform. Just click on the following icon and the platform will switch from English to French or French to English.

Q: What if a family reads across Canada before the event is over?
A: Keep on logging in those minutes! The challenge will then be “How many times could you read across Canada until the end of your event?” – The record so far is 3 times by a family from Nanaimo, BC.

Q: What if one of the families needs help (i.e. cannot remember his/her username and/or password). What to do?
A: Just email Isabelle, your Mind Growth Education representative, with your question(s) and she’ll be happy to help.
Email: fundraising@mindgrowth.arraydev.net
Text: 778-928-6778

* Fundraising
Q: Can my PAC collect offline funds?
A: Using our online fundraising platform allows you to avoid having to handle and manage cash. However, if the person is not able to give online, many families have accepted cash or cheques and then personally contributed the exact amount online afterwards. Contribute here: https://fundrazr.com/riverdalereadathon2022

Q: Do the contributors get tax receipts?
A: Unfortunately, no. Contributions made to a personal fundraiser, rather than a charity fundraiser, are generally considered to be personal gifts and are not guaranteed to be tax-deductible. But, you can always check with a tax professional to be sure. You will not be issued a tax receipt from FundRazr nor Mind Growth Education. That being said, contributors do receive access to our digital coupon sheet with great savings on awesome stuff (kid & adult books, candles, soaps, bath bubbles, digital reading log program, etc.) as a thank you gift for any contribution $10 or more.

Q: How do I view our school’s online fundraising efforts?
A: Go to your Master Campaign page where you will be able to see your school’s online fundraising efforts (https://fundrazr.com/riverdalereadathon2022).

Q: How do I make an online contribution?
A: Step #1: Go to the following link: https://fundrazr.com/riverdalereadathon2022. Step #2: Click on the “CONTRIBUTE” button. Easy as that!

Q: Where do our contributions go?
A: 85% of the net funds raised by this Read-A-Thon Fundraiser will help support École Riverdale Elementary School with the cost for their new playground. The remaining 15% goes towards Mind Growth Education to help cover costs such as subscription cost, certificates of achievement, administrative fee + the Paypal or Stripe payment processing fees and transaction costs.

Q: When does the PAC receive the funds?
A: They will receive the funds shortly after your event is over.

* Thank you prizes
Q: What will our families receive from Mind Growth Education for participating in this Read-A-Thon event? 
A: Each family will receive a certificate of achievement with the amount of minutes you have read and how many trees will be planted due to your reading efforts during your event!

READY TO REGISTER?
Fill out the following form and you will receive a confirmation email from Isabelle, our Read-A-Thon Fundraising Leader.
Don’t forget to check your SPAM/JUNK folder in case our email goes there in the next 2-3 business days!

  • (ie. The Dukeshire Family, The Reading Rockets, La famille Baril, etc.)
  • (i.e. Division 1 & Division 5)

Happy fundraising and happy reading!
The Mind Growth Education Fundraising Team