École Seaforth Elementary School’s Read-A-Thon Fundraising Event

Great things happen when you read!

This Read-A-Thon event will take the students of l’École Seaforth Elementary School on an incredible journey of discovery across Canada, inspire a love of reading, awaken their imagination, build their confidence and enhance their reading skills. Help this school get off to a quick start by contributing right away. Contributions made by friends and family will motivate the wonderful students of this amazing school to power their way through their virtual adventure and build skills to last a lifetime.



Challenge accepted!

How does it work?

From Monday, January 10th, 2022 to Friday, January 21st, 2022
This event is FREE, you just need to register and fundraise for your school!

There are two ways you could register:

Option #1 – ONE READING LOG ACCOUNT PER CHILD: You fundraise as a family by sharing your fundraising campaign link(s) but each child you’ve registered will get their own Mind Growth Education reading log account so they can record their own reading minutes.
Option #2 – ONE READING LOG ACCOUNT PER FAMILY: You fundraise as a family by sharing your fundraising campaign link(s) but as a family, you will get one Mind Growth Education reading log program account so you can record your reading minutes collectively.
*Once registered, you’ll receive an email shortly after with your reading log account login information. Don’t forget to check your SPAM folder in case the email goes there!

  • You could do: One (1) reading log account per child OR One (1) reading log account for my whole family as we wish to participate together.
  • This is where you could add your "family team name" if you wish to participate as a family! (ex. Team Dukeshire)

From Monday, January 10th, 2022 to Friday, January 28th, 2022

Here is the link to your school’s master campaign page:


Get the word out to your friends and family and tell everyone about the “Read-A-Thon” by sharing your child or children’s division campaign link(s). Ask them to support you by making a contribution ! It’s as easy as asking 10 people for $10, 4 people for $25, or any combination you can think of!

How do I find my child’s or children’s division campaign link? Click on your school’s master campaign page and at the bottom of the page, click on your division!  You can share the link(s) by clicking anywhere on the following bar on the campaign page!

Reading across Canada

Starting on Monday, January 10th, 2022 until Friday, January 28th, 2022, the students at l’École Seaforth Elementary School will start a virtual, cross-Canada road trip via an innovative program from Mind Growth Education to complete their reading challenge.

Their daily reading sessions will take them on a storybook adventure across this great country, building more reading skills while exposing them to all sorts of fun and educational facts about Canada.

Fun facts!

After completing this Read-A-Thon event, participants will have had over 200-2,000 additional minutes of reading and planted up to 4 real trees in Canada!

GREAT NEWS! We’ve partnered with One Tree Planted #onetreeplanted. One Tree Planted will plant a tree for every 25% of the reading challenge a class completes along their “Read Across Canada” reading adventure route. There’s no extra work or cost for the student/families — Just make sure you keep reading! #greatthingshappenwhenyouread

How will the funds be used?

85% of the net funds raised by this Read-A-Thon will help fund a new playground and related playground equipment. The remaining 15% goes towards Mind Growth Education to help cover costs such as subscription cost, stickers, certificates of achievement, administrative fee + the Paypal or Stripe payment processing fees and transaction costs.

About Mind Growth Education

Mind Growth Education was founded by Isabelle Baril, a wife, a mother, a classroom teacher and an entrepreneur raised in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada but now lives on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. Isabelle and her team create interactive and fun reading log programs that can be used at home or in the classroom, combining social studies and daily reading, making reading log programs fun again! After her first year in business, Isabelle recognized a huge need for an easier, educational and virtual way to fundraise money for schools and organizations; therefore she created Mind Growth Education’s Fundraising Program: Read-A-Thon. Spend time reading not selling! This unique concept is breaking down the barriers of the traditional fundraiser and powering their way through their virtual reading adventure and build skills to last a lifetime.

If you would like assistance with completing this registration process, please feel free to email your Mind Growth Education representative at fundraising@mindgrowth.arraydev.net and she will be able to assist you.